Time is Running Out for Your Benefits
Our office would just like to get a temperature of what is going on in the business world with dental benefits? If you could blog back to us and tell us if your employer is adding, subtracting, or keeping the same coverages for you in the upcoming year? Trends tell us that as the economy remains weak, the business world may look to decrease certain benefits, thus cutting their premiums!
Here are a few tips as we enter the last part of 2011:
- Check to see if you have any insurance/flex spending money available for this year that needs to be utilized
- Check to see if your employer has changed the "fine print" in your coverages for 2012
- Check to see if you are due for a periodic exam, cleaning and x-rays before the end of 2011--these procedures are usually covered at 100% and you don't want to miss out on coverage and keeping yourself as healthy as possible!
- Evaluate that all of your claims have been paid, and the proper adjustments have been made to your accounts reflecting the payments
- Check into flexible spending balances to see if you will lose the balances that are left for 2011
- Gather your receipts of what you have been out for dental this year in order to inform Uncle Sam of your deductions
Please let us know what the dental climate is at your place of business is concerning dental insurance coverage for the upcoming year! call or blog should you need advice or have questions!