Health News Article- 8 Ways to Keep Your Mouth Healthy
Article Title: 8 Ways to Keep Your Mouth Healthy
Through this health news article, different ways to keep your oral health at its best are discussed. This article reviews some of the basic dental care elements that everyone should take into consideration, and adds a few more that you might not think of regularly.
- Visit the Dentist- it is a basic principle, but heading to see Nancy Summer Lerch, DDS, FAGD, AAACD for regular dental checkups is essential to your oral health. Going twice a year will definitely save you money in the long run.
- Ditch the Soda- soda is one of the worst things for your oral health, so try to cut back or eliminate the drink altogether. The acid in soda melts the teeth. You do not want this.
- Remove Extra Sugar-everywhere you turn you can find sugar. Try to remove processed sugar from your diet to keep your teeth healthier. The oral bacteria love this sugar. Once they eat it, they poop all over your teeth and you now have bad breathe and the beginnings of gum disease.
- Quit Smoking- smoking makes your teeth turn yellow and eats away at your gums, tissue, and even degrades bones that support your teeth if smoking continues for a long time. To top it off, smoking can lead to oral cancer. So Quit. That is the best policy here.
- Brush Correctly-brush your teeth with a soft bristle toothbrush for at least 2 minutes per session, with very small, gentle, vibrating circular motions of the head of the brush. This allows the bristles to really clean the area.
- Floss, floss, floss- flossing is one habit that usually falls off the to-do list, but it is one of the most important. Flossing reaches areas that toothbrushes can’t to keep plaque from building up in the teeth. It is OK to keep your floss in the shower and use it from there once a day.
If you would like to learn about other ways that you can protect your teeth, like checking these new sonic toothbrush reviews, then do not hesitate to contact your general dentist. They will answer all of your questions about dental care and help you find ways to maintain a beautifully healthy smile! Contact the Lerch dental team to find out more! You will be very glad you did.