COVID-19 Announcement & Updates
To our valued patients,
At Center for Esthetic Dentistry, LLC / Orange Street Smiles, LLC, your health and safety are at the forefront of our services. Like all of you, we have taken social distancing very seriously in the office and at home. As we welcome you into the office, we will be following the guidance of local and national health agencies including the Connecticut and American Dental Associations, and government of the State of Connecticut to keep all of us as safe as possible. This will include many steps and procedural changes to allow us to serve you in the office while maintaining effective social distancing and personal protection for you and our team. We have been re-opened since May 26th and haven’t had any incidences of COVID-19 in our office, due to the high level of infection control prevention in place.
What we are doing:
- Running an office wide air purifier system and putting individual hepa filtration units in each room.
- Staggering appointment scheduling so we decrease overlap as much as possible.
- Closing our reception area except for a parent or a senior’s companion who need to wait.
- Minimizing moving through the office, completing all aspects of your treatment and next visit scheduling,/financial discussion, insurance planning in the treatment room as much as possible
- Continuing to sanitize each room and equipment between every patient
- Our entire staff will be wearing masks and other appropriate personal protective equipment
- Confirming that all patients coming to the office are symptom free and have not been exposed or potentially exposed through any sick contacts or travel. We will reconfirm this information upon arrival at our office.
- Routinely checking the temperatures of our office team.
- Checking your temperature upon arrival
- Asking anyone with elevated temperature, symptoms, sick contacts, or concerning travel history to leave and reschedule their appointment
What we need you to do:
- Reschedule your appointment if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or other respiratory illness, if you have been exposed to anyone with symptoms or a positive test, or if you have any symptoms of coronavirus, influenza, common cold, or other contagious respiratory illnesses. Symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, sneezing, sore throat, runny nose, etc.
- Please arrive at your appointment time and call our reception desk when you arrive (203-624-5256). We will come to your car with our pre-screening questions, taking your forehead temperature and pulse oximetry readings.
- Wear a mask or other face / nose covering the entire time you are in our office. Also bring your own eye protection to your appointment.
- Once in the office, we will escort you to the restroom to brush your teeth for 2 min and wash your hands for 20sec.
- We ask that you not touch your face, or your phone in our office thereafter.
- In the treatment room, we will ask you to rinse your mouth with a special solution that will reduce the virus and other bacteria count. Our assistants will provide this.
- Come alone to the office. If someone must drive you, please have them wait in the car. If someone must come into the office with you, it is limited to one adult or one parent with a patient who is under the age of 18. Guests will also be asked screening questions and have their temperatures taken
- Remain in your exam room until we have cleared you to leave.
Thank you! Stay safe. Wash your hands. Follow CDC and local official guidelines. Take a deep breath. We will get through this time together. We are here and available for your care in the office. We recognize some of our patients may still feel more comfortable remaining home, and we continue to offer virtual visits via Zoom or FaceTime (teledentistry) so you can see the doctor from the comfort and safety of home. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Lerch & Team