Dental Implants and You
You have a tooth that is missing. As a child, this would make you feel joyful and eager to await the tooth fairy’s arrival. As an adult, a missing tooth generates the complete opposite reactions. You feel anxious, nervous, and wish that it never happened.
A missing tooth does not have to incur such negative feelings, especially with Nancy Summer Lerch, DDS, FAGD, AAACD in New Haven. Dr. Lerch has the dental technology and resources to ensure that a missing tooth does not become a big headache for a patient.
Through this blog, you will learn about dental implants and what they can do to improve your smile’s beauty and functionality. Keep reading to learn more about this revolutionary technology!
Your Enhanced Smile
A dental implant is a replacement tooth root that is implanted into the jaw. The implant is attached to the jawbone to give the prosthetic tooth a secure base. Dental implants can provide patients with some very positive features, including:
- Improved appearance– implants look natural and blend with your existing teeth, creating a seamless look.
- Better speaking– with dentures, slippage can occur impairing speech. Dental implants stay in place and ensure that you can eat and speak naturally.
- Better oral-health- you do not need to use other teeth with dental implants—they stand alone unlike bridges. You can clean between a dental implant just like you would a normal tooth, improving your oral health.
- Durability- with dental implants, you follow the same plan of care that you would with your natural teeth. Flossing, tooth brushing, and regular visits to the dentists keep dental implants at their best and lasting for many years to come.
Dental implants give you the freedom to forget that you have a dental implant. You care for an implant the same way that you would your normal teeth, and in return, you have a beautiful smile that makes you feel confident.
Dr. Lerch is a leader in implant dentistry. For any questions that you have about the procedure, contact the Lerch dental team today!
Learn More about Implant Dentistry
If you think that implant dentistry might be something that you would like to learn more about, do not hesitate to contact Dr. Summer Lerch and her dental team. We will answer all of your questions about dental implants, and evaluate if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
During an initial consultation, Dr. Lerch will demonstrate the effects of dental implants for you, and help you gain more of an understanding as to what you can expect from the entire procedure.
You deserve to have a smile that is not only beautiful, but functional as well. To learn more about dental implants, contact Dr. Lerch today!
- Nancy Summer Lerch, DDS, FAGD, AAACD. Dental Services. https://www.theartofsmiles.com/dental-services
- WebMD. Dental Implants. http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/dental-implants