What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a man made tooth root. The technology / procedure is exactly akin to an artificial knee or hip replacement. A titanium screw implanted securely into the jawbone where the missing tooth was located. The implant root provides a strong foundation for a single replacement tooth or for multiple missing teeth. After the implant integrates completely to the jawbone, metal posts called abutments are placed in the implant and a porcelain dental crown goes over the top. The result is a natural looking smile and dentition that combines both beauty and functionality.
Dental implant technology allows for patients to consider other options for tooth replacement, instead of dentures. Dental implants provide patients with a comfortable solution to replace missing teeth that looks and feels natural. Nancy Summer Lerch, DDS, FAGD, AAACD offers a comfortable and pain free environment to keep patients satisfied and to create the smiles that patients have always wanted.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants provide patients with a host of benefits. Not only does permanent dental implants offer both functionality and beautiful aesthetics, but patients can expect the following benefits as well:
- Better Speech- dentures can slip and cause speech to become impaired. With dental implants, there is no slippage, and individuals can speak without any trepidation.
- More Comfort- dentures or missing teeth can be uncomfortable. Dental implants feel natural, alleviating discomfort of other dental options.
- Improved Self-Esteem- with dental implants, patients can feel confident with their smiles. There is no longer a reason like “my teeth might fall out”, or ” what will they notice when I smile?” to hesitate before smiling.
- Better Oral Health- tooth loss can impact oral health; when teeth are replaced with dental implants, oral health can be restored.
- Convenience- dental implants require the same maintenance and care as natural teeth. Daily oral care and regular dental check-ups are required, and ensure that your dental implants are always functioning at their best.
- Functionality and Durable- dental implants are built to last a lifetime, so patients can eat, drink, and smile without worrying about the durability of their dental implants.
Dental implants provide patients with a wide array of benefits that can dramatically improve self-esteem and making daily activities easier. To learn more about implant dentistry, contact Nancy Summer Lerch, DDS, FAGD, AAACD today.
Find Out More about Dental Implants
For more information about Nancy Summer Lerch, DDS, FAGD, AAACD, the Center for Esthetic Dentistry, LLC, and / or Dental Implants, please contact our Connecticut office. There you can find the right time to consult with Dr. Lerch so you can get all your questions answered to determine if a Dental Implants might be right for you.